If your institution has access to a Genesearch e-freezer, you can sign in to our web site using your smartcard number and user password, which will allow you to use our shopping cart to order products without leaving your desk.
Note: if you have access to multiple e-freezers, the goods will be sent to the primary e-freezer for your department as defined when your smartcard was issued. To send them to a different e-freezer you will have to do your order or request at that e-freezer using your smartcard.
Current Freezer Stocks
To see whether the items are already in stock, login to our website and search for the products, the results will indicate stock availablilty at e.Freezer, Genesearch, or ETA from Supplier.
Whether or not the item you want is in stock, you can order it at the e-freezer when logged in with your car or remotely using our shopping cart; if it is already in the e-freezer it will immediately be reserved for you. Web orders will elicit a confirmation email confirming what you requested and noting any problems.
E-Freezer Stock Holdings
Items stocked in e-freezers are automatically adjusted according to sales history, so if you start using a product that is not currently stocked, it will become a stock item within a short period. If you think something should be added to stock independently of current order history, please email us explaining the reason for your request.
Note: Not all items can be stocked in the e-freezer, for example items that must be stored at -70°C, which are physically too large, or whose Australia-wide sales are too low to support local stocks. You can still order such items via the e-freezer even if, in practice, they are shipped directly to you.
Processing of Orders
- the item will be delivered to the e-freezer specifically for you, and cannot be purchased by anyone else
- your smartcard spending record will be adjusted when you collect the item
- you will be emailed by the e-freezer when the item has been stored for you or if it is already in stock, when it is reserved for you
- you can cancel the order before you pick it up unless it is an uncommon, expensive or less stable item that we will be unable to sell elsewhere and we have already ordered it from our supplier
- if you don't collect the order within a certain time and cancellation is allowed, your order will be cancelled automatically and the item added to general stock (you will be e-mailed if this occurs)